Tuesday 19 June 2012

GLOSSYBOX - June 2012

I've actually had quite a few GLOSSYBOXes through my door but never blogged about one so thought it was time I did. Most people will have heard of them and even more people would have ordered at least one by now.

Just incase you don't know what it is, every month, GLOSSYBOX delivers a mix of 5 exciting product miniatures packed in a beautiful box for you to test at home. You can give your feeback/thoughts on each product you receive & the company will award you with 20 glossydots per review and once you have 1000 dots you can get your next box free!

Below are a few snaps to show you how it arrives - even the postage is kitted out head to toe in Glossybox. The actual box it comes in is the usual pink colour and I love these because they make great storage boxes. 



I love how each month every box arrives all wrapped up and it's that little extra touch that makes it feel special - almost like another birthday!

My 5 products this month were:

1) GLOSSYBOX Serie Exclusiv Pro Beauty Brush
2) HD BROWS Precision Tweezers
3) BM Beauty Summer Warmth Bronzer
4) Caudalie Eaux Fraiches
5) Vichy Dermablend Ultra-Corrective Foundations Cream Stick


This should retail at £15.00 so I was really happy to find I had bagged myself one of these. It's soft, not as soft as my Urban Decay brush but it is made from goat hair and think it's a great size for travelling.

I was so excited to see something from HD Brows. I noticed quite a few people got something of theirs in the last box & I didn't so Glossybox have made up for it now and I'm a happy girl indeed. Especially as my boyfriend decided to blunt all my expensive tweezers by using them instead of screwdrivers - I was not happy to say the least! These retail at £19.95 which to some maybe pricey but with tweezers you definitely get what you pay for and would recommend these or Tweerzerman any day.

I did get a very mini pot of Bronzer by BM Beauty which I am yet to test out but fingers crossed it shall have me glowing for the summer.

There were 3 different scents you could receive in your box this month from Caudalie and I got the yellow version, Zeste De Vigne. I'm not sure if I like this, yes it's 'Zesty' & citrusy but to me this scent just reminds me of those hand wipes you get on a plane after your meal or from KFC....classy! Whilst the scent was settling I then thought it reminded me of Aftershock, again it's not the sort of thing I want to smell of during the day. I have now been wearing it for an hour and can't smell anything so this definitely does not 'refresh my senses' and at £26 for a full size, I think i'll be sticking to the free hand wipes!


The final product I received was the Dermablend Ultra-Corrective Foundations Cream by Vichy. I am also yet to try these but they look like they would be great at covering up any scars, birthmarks, dark circles you may wish to hide. What I love about this tester is you get the chance to play around with several different shades so you'll find your exact colour. The packet also opens up to reveal a handy guide on how to apply the product. The full size comes in a stick and retails at £19.00 & if it does what it says on the tin, then I may be tempted to purchase the real deal as nothing seems to hide the bags under my eyes!

All in all this was a good box for me and I am happy with the majority of samples I received. GLOSSYBOX is £10.00 + P&P each month and as you'll see from above you do get your monies worth. I was tempted to have a break from it but since seeing all my new goodies I think I'll carry on for a few more months!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment